Have you wondered why…..
- You don’t get ahead.
- You had a great idea…but it faded away before you even tried to accomplish it.
- You feel like you have been spinning your wheels in your life for quite sometime.
- You feel like you have been failing lately in life
I think we all have been there! But I have some good new for those who have just been beating themselves up lately. – YOU ARE OKAY!
I am writing this, because that is what happened to me.
Just a couple of days ago, I have picked up another book to read and I bought “Your Best Life Now” by Joel Osteen. I remembered seeing him in the Larry King Show and I was very interested in his positive message in this crazy world. So I bought his book and I must say a very good read so far.
I have realized that the world does not care for people who give up or just float along in life. The world will not stop for the mentally week or wounded…now I don’t say this to be harsh, but I say this for people who are having self imposed pity parties for themselves. I will tell you first hand…people just don’t give a rip about how you feel! People have their own problems…why do they need yours.
What people care about are “people of purpose”, “people who are in the mode of conquering and accomplishing their dreams”. The world is hungry for great people to follow and be inspiring by. After thinking about this for sometime, I asked myself one question, that I was asked of 6-7 years earlier…..
Are you living a life worth following?
In this book by Joel Osteen, he writes in his first chapter “Enlarging Your Vision”…which was exactly what I needed to hear. Now a lot of these principles I have heard before, but this time it hit like a good slap in the face (Wake up call). Once you have figured out your vision and you have it in front of you…you must keep it there. Unfortunately, here is where most people stumble and or struggle.
You need to raise your level of expectancy. What you expect is what you will get. If you dwell on positive thoughts, your life will move in that direction, however if you think negative on a regular basis, you will start to live a life of negativity. The old saying goes…you reap what you sow.
After getting your stinking thinking sorted out, Joel Osteen mentioned in his book that you need to program your mind for success. “It’s important that you program your mind for success…”. “Each day, you must choose to live with an attitude that expects good things to happen to you”. This is where I believe most people…including myself fall and stumble. We don’t stay committed to the “Choice” the “Each day, you must choose…” we just give up and let our self talk and thought life just kill our vision and dreams.
Here is a couple of suggestion that Joel gives in book,
- Say this statement every morning before conquering the world – “This is going to be a great day. God is guiding and directing my steps. His favor is surrounding me. Goodness and mercy are following me. I’m excited about today.” We must expect and anticipate good thins and favor to come our way and you will find yourself in the right place and the right time.
- Don’t listen to lies from your self talk or from dream steals (people, coworkers or family and friends who tell you, that it can’t be done). – God (or your gods) wants you to get your hopes up. You can’t develop faith without hope.
- Always set your expectations higher. – Our expectations se the boundaries for our lives. Jesus said “According to your faith be it done onto you” KJ
- Start using your eyes of faith. – You must see yourself as a happy, health and whole person…even when your situation looks bleak and your are tempted to be discouraged and depress must encourage yourself through prayer or mediation.
- Prayer or Meditation – Spend a 1/2hour to 1hour in prayer or meditation to get your attitude in the right place so that you make it through the day. Here is a suggestion of a prayer from Joel Osteen’s book “God, I know that You are in control, and even though this looks impossible, I know today could be the day that things turn around. Today could be the day You restore my marriage or relationship. This could be the day You bring my child home. Today may be the day my business begins to prosper exponentially. This could be the day I see my miracle”
- Avoid negative statements and also let other people’s negative statements slide off you… like water on a ducks back.
- Expose yourself to an atmosphere of success. – This will get you dreaming again.
- Surround yourself with successful people. – This too will expand your thinking and association as well. Through positive association…doors will open. Just remember Proverbs 13:20 “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”
- Find a place where you can dream – Go touch, feel, smell and see your dreams…may it be, test driving a car, home shows or tours, look at travel magazines etc….you must feed your faith to accomplish your dreams.
- “NEVER NEVER GIVE UP” – Winston Churchill