Why is it that I run into some may people that are so unhappy about
- Where they are at in life?
- What they are doing for their life endeavor (work, career)?
- Who they have become?
- Why life does not bend to their direction and throw them a bone (a break)?
You may know people like this in your lives. Well I use to be one of those people, and then I realized that life is way to short to be living in a rut. Keep in mind that pursuing what is inside you involves a person who will always tell themselves the truth! Also surrounding ones self with greatness (other people further ahead of you) helps a lot as well.
The Truth shall set you free! Haven’t we heard that before in a spiritual context? Our lives are a spiritual journey, not just a pay check to pay check, drunken party to drunken party existences. Our happiness and our self fulfillment are directly linked to our purpose here on earth and who you call your God. So if you are battling with addictions (of every kind), boredom, depression, or any other destructive life pattern…chances are you are either not in touch with your Maker, true to yourself and not moving towards your destiny or in touch with your purpose…Something is a miss and its time to evaluate and take personal inventory.
Remember! If you are in a tough place in your life and you are reading this, please don’t feel bad about your situation. I have been where you are! The word on the street is that, you can make it. Something that I remembered that has been instilled in me and I have heard time and time again is every lap that we run is one lap less for those who come after us. Stay true to yourself and faithful to your purpose. For every test you pass or obstacle you over come, you become stronger and stronger. You will store up spiritual, monetary equity and blessing for your future generations. You’re making it easier for your children and on your grandchildren. Your dreams or the fruits of your purpose may not come to pass as you may hope it to arrive, but the seeds that you sow may be harvested by your children or your children’s children.
Here is something that I have been speaking out loud to myself at the start of each day, to keep me on track. I have picked up by John C Maxwell and have implemented these decisions in my life. I have also emailed my close peers, mentors and life coaches to keep me on track and occasionally they kick my butt as well. Oh and if you are married, make sure you send a copy to your significant other as well.
My 12 Decisions I Will Manage – Just For Today
- I will choose and display a positive attitude.
- I will determine and act on important priorities.
- I know and practice healthy guide lines.
- I will communicate and care for my family.
- I will practice and develop good thinking.
- I will make and keep proper commitments.
- I will earn and properly manage finances.
- I will deepen and live out my faith.
- I will initiate and invest in solid relationships.
- I will plan for and model generosity.
- I will embrace and practice good values.
- I will seek and experience improvement.
I will manage these decisions just for today, because someday…I will see the compounding results over several days…
A life lived well.